Ottawa ushers 116th celebration of Philippines’ independence
116TH PHILIPPINE INDEPENDENCE CELEBRATION AT VINCENT MASSEY PARK!!
It was a day of great fun and a sunny weather!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Philippine Dance Troupe Of Ottawa Valley
Philippine Independence Day Celebration 2014
Philippine Independence Week June 8 to June 15, 2014
June 8 Sunday Picnic, Vincent Massey Park
10:00 AM Ongoing Program starts with Parade of Colours
11:00 AM Filipino Mass (Rev. Fr. Pedro Arana, officiating priest)
12:00 PM Parada ng Lechon (Contest)
1:00 PM Volleyball Tournament
1:00 PM Variety Show hosted by Jhune Leonardo, Regina Sosing, Lee Rodrique
2:00 PM Children’s Games
Immediately below are pictures of BMW’s winning entry in Parada ng Litson presented with a rhythmic “ati” dance by BMW members in colorful garb
Further below are more pictures of a few highlights of the event:
- Hate blog vs Filipinos in Singapore taken down
- 19 June 2014: The moratorium on the Food Services Sector’s access to the TFWP has ended.
- The Unfurling of the Giant Philippine Flag at Parliament Hill
- 116th Anniversary of the Declaration of Philippine Independence (National Day)
- “Buhay Bata”..Ang pangarap ni Anne.
- Ottawa ushers 116th celebration of Philippines’ independence